Tuition & Fees
Neighborhood Dance strives to give our students and families every opportunity to follow their interests and passions in the performing arts. We use a sliding scale to calculate monthly tuition rates in dance which helps students and families take full advantage of the quality instruction and performing experience we offer.
(Updated and Revised 6/28/2021)
Neighborhood Dance operates 3 class sessions throughout the year on which the tuition is based:
- The 10-month School Session is active from September through June and tuition is invoiced on the 1st of each month beginning in September. Payment options are available to pre-pay for part or whole session. New registrations beginning classes mid-month will be pro-rated. Tuition for absences or studio closures is not pro-rated. Students are encouraged to attend make-up classes for classes missed.
- The 3-month Spring Fling Session is active from March through May and tuition is invoiced on the 1st of each month beginning in March. Pre-payment for the entire session is an available option as well. New registrations beginning classes mid-month will be pro-rated. Tuition for absences or studio closures is not pro-rated. Students are encouraged to attend make-up classes for classes missed.
- The Summer Camp Session is active from June through August. Tuition is a fixed fee per camp and invoiced on the 1st of the month in which the camp is held.
How to Calculate Tuition
- Tuition rates for ALL dance classes are determined by the ‘Rate Table for Dance Classes’.
- Using the rate table, add up the number of hours per week for all dance classes being taken by all students in the family and find the corresponding monthly tuition fee.
- If total hours ends in .25, round up to nearest 0.5 hrs; If total hours ends in .75 and are > 1.0 hrs, round up to the nearest 1.0 hrs. (i.e. 1.75 hrs rounds up to 2.0 hrs = $95)
- The maximum monthly tuition for dance classes is $250 per family.
Musical Theater Classes
- Tuition for youth musical theater and voice classes is calculated SEPARATELY from dance classes.
- Tuition for Broadway Kids is $100/month.
- Tuition for Broadway Junior is $125/month.
- Small group voice lessons (3-6 students) is $60/month per student.
- Private voice lessons (1-2 students) is $120/month per student.
Rate Table for Dance Classes
- There is a $35 non-refundable registration fee per student for the 10-month School Session and the Spring Fling Session.
- Each youth dance and musical theater class in the 10-month School Session will perform in an annual end of year performance. A costume is required for each dance being performed. The costume fee includes 1 costume, a garment bag and an extra pair of tights for pictures and performance.
- Pre-K dance classes and youth dance classes performing one dance have a one-time costume fee of $80 due November 15th.
- Musical theater classes have a one-time costume fee of $80 due November 15th.
- Dance classes performing 2 dances have a one-time costume fee of $120 is due November 15th.
- A performance fee of $75 per family is due May 15 for families with students participating in the annual dance recital.
- A separate performance fee of $75 per family is due May 15 for families with students participating in the annual musical production.
- Each performance fee includes (4) tickets to the performance and a performance trophy for each student.